WHO WE ARE
The Guadalupe and Lilia Martinez foundation, commonly known as the GLM Foundation, is a private 501 C-3 organization. We provide means primarily for the people of Webb and Zapata counties to achieve successful lives and to improve the overall environment in those communities.
Our Mission is to:
• Provide assistance to worthy charitable organizations for charitable, scientific, religious, public safety, arts, health, historical, and/or educational purposes in the community, so those organizations may provide services with expertise.
• Manage the resources bestowed on the Foundation, ensuring the vision of Don Lupe and Lilia.
• Promote and maintain the Foundation’s good standing in the community, ensuring the Martinez legacy and vision.
Our Approach is to:
• Be involved in the community so we understand and appreciate the opportunities and concerns of those we serve to that have the greatest impact;
• Be a trusted partner with other charitable organizations in the Webb and Zapata counties and understand that their success in the community is our success;
• Treat all people with compassion and humility, as Lupe and Lilia would have;
• Ensure permanent benefit to the communities we serve by managing the foundation’s resources for the long-term.